Thursday, February 19, 2009

pros vs cons


When I get overwhelmed or confused this is the mature way I handle it. 
I write a pros vs cons list
I know, it's sad but it's helps me clear my thoughts and be objective instead of being irrational and emotional. 
I'm thankful that He still chooses to use people as "simple minded" as me.

I realized 1 of 2 things tonight.

1. My roommate Julee is amazing (which I already knew) but she is a great friend and she is going to be an amazing person to have beside me for the next year in China.

2. God has an agenda that is so far beyond what I can see or understand for me and Julee while we are in China. He is clearly working in ways that I didn't even know existed

My verse of the day:
Fear not for I am with you;
be not dismayed, for I am your God,
I will strengthen you, I will help you,
I will uphold you with my righteous hand.
For I, the Lord your God,
hold your right hand;
it is I who say to you, "Fear not,
I am the one who helps you."
-Isaiah 41:10, 13


God is good and He is control. And I will never deserve His love or His grace. He is the constant in my life and I will ever fully understand the magnitude of His plans but I will do my best to walk in obedience

Love, Chrissy

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to practice my reading in a mirror, I suppose, to see what the pros and cons are. Haha. I'm excited for you to do what you feel God has for you, and what is so evidently a desire He has placed in your heart. Psalms 37:4 was a scripture that my family grew up with, and it says "Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart." It works both ways that it could: He places the desire in our heart, and then He makes it happen. You're one of the greatest examples I've seen of someone delighting themselves in the Lord, and it's so great seeing what He promises come true. I'm proud of you Chrissy.

    -Sugar Muffin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog, and I absolutely love it! I have just recently been introduced to orphans and orphan care, I now sponsor a little boy in china through the Philip Hayden Foundation. I feel very strongly that as christians we have to look after orphans and widows, as God commanded us. I have grown to love the chinese orphans through pictures, I just think they are so cute (cuter than American babies in my opinion, LOL!) Also I have wanted to find some way to work with orphans in my community and then eventually do some over seas work, and I would love to go to China! So that is why I can relate with you so well, I love what you are doing, we need more people to do what you are doing! I can't wait to hear more on your journey! PLEASE keep us updated! You can check out my blog as well.
    http://sharon-sharonspage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete