Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Silly faces and encouraging words...

Have I ever mentioned how adorable these children are?
On a typical day here at the foster home a few days ago Tim was having another epic meltdown in his high chair. So in my goofiness of trying to cheer him up I made a silly face at him and he started giggling instead of crying. You can imagine my surprise, most of the time I make silly faces and the kids just sit there and look at me like I'm the "crazy old bag lady".
So Tim found it so entertaining he started trying to make the face himself.
And now almost every time he sees me, he makes this face.
Try to ignore my obnoxious laughter in this clip but he is just to cute not to share.


The cutest kids in the world. Can you believe I have been so blessed to live here with them for almost 6 months? He's is sooooooo good to me.
I was encouraged by an e-mail that a faithfully encourgaing friend sent me a few days ago.
I sent my mom and e-mail a few days ago talking about how I was trying to decided which would be the best way to "cry" about leaving my kids.
Whether I should take time in each day for the next 23 days and cry my eyes out or if I should just hold it all in until the day I leave.
(that plan could have a few hick-ups since my eyes would most likely be swollen shut and that would make it a little difficult to travel internationally with all of our luggage)
But anyways back to the e-mail my awesome friend sent me.
I found it incredibly practical and encouraging and I thought I would share just a few parts from it because it has helped me so much over the past few days.
You might not be moving to a foreign country or making any huge life changes but anxiety has it's sneaky way of creeping into almost every life situation.

"Anixety is the result of envisioning the future without Me. So the best defense against worry is staying in communication with Me. When you turn your thoughts toward Me, you can think more positively. Remember to listen, as well as to speak, making your thoughts a dialogue with me. If you must consider upcoming events follow these rules:
1) do not linger in the future, because anxieties sprout up like mushrooms when you wander there
2) remember the promise of my continual Presence, include me in any imagery that comes to mind. this mental discipline does not come easily, because you are accustomed to being god of your fantasies. However the reality of my Presence with you, now and forevermore, outshines any fantasy you could EVER imagine."

Can I hear an amen and an amen? Really I loved reading this.
Amazing truths.
So to whatever is consuming your thoughts about the future I pray that those words of advice bless your life like they have blessed mine.

------------------------------------

Changing gears completely, in usual Chrissy style.
Nava is having her surgery tomorrow. She left over a week ago to have her heart surgery but upon arriving for her surgery she was diagnosed with pneumonia. And as I have shared before only healthy babies can be operated on so Nava's nanny and the doctors have been working on getting little Nava healthy enough for her surgery.
And the doctors have finally given Nava the thumbs up for her operation.
So please be in prayer for her little heart through out the next few days.
Also, Teresa the baby I wrote about a few days ago has left for her spinal surgery today and should be having her operation tomorrow as well.
So please be in prayer over those two precious babies.
Oh an the latest most lovely news as of this evening, Scabies have invaded the foster home.
Yes, you read that correctly. Scabies.
GROSS. and OUCH.
James and Stewart were both diagnosed today with the nasty little skin mites and I have already started bathing the down stairs apartment in prayer.
Please pray that Scabies would not spread to any other babies or nannies.
There is always a lot of stuff going on here and always tons of things that could be prayed for!
These babies could keep prayer warriors busy 24/7.

No comments:

Post a Comment