Friday, November 20, 2009

God creates beginnings and ends...

Well I have now been home for 4 days. After 4 days of traveling (yes that's right, 4 days) I made it home safely.
I now feel like I've earned my gold star in international traveling because I missed my first international flight.
What was suppose to be a 36 hour travel period turned into 4 days.
Due to airports being closed due to snow and fog Julee and I missed our connection from Xi'an to Beijing and we had to be "travel savvy" to find our way back home. But even with all of my "savvy", God took very good care of us. My "savvy" only will get us so far.
It was an exhausting and stressful few days but the moral of the story is God was gracious the entire time.
I know I've said it before but I could feel your prayers through out the entire traveling period so thank you so much for being so faithful to pray for me.
If it wasn't for your prayers I might have ended up in a Chinese jail due to having a frantic breakdown in an airport. I had a great laugh at myself because at a few moments while Julee and I were waiting in the VERY stressful AIRPORTS I had the urge to just run down the gateways and jump on planes. And we all know, that would have ended up badly for everyone involved.
But I had a great laugh at myself because we all hear stories of "crazy eyed travelers" doing the most irrational and crazy things in airports and rail road stations and I found myself joining their "crazy eyed" club. I just laughed so many times to myself because I finally understood how people can become so irrational when moving.
But my bed had never been so welcoming when I finally rolled into Tulsa! EVER!
It was magical. Simply magical.

Obviously leaving my babies in China was gut wrenching. But my Jesus is so faithful to me.
I cried and felt overwhelmed but I also had a peace and a joy.
I've been postponing writing in my blog because I truthfully just don't want to relive or focus on how badly I miss them already.
Culture shock has shown it's face in unexpected ways since I've been home but for the most part I have had an easy transition so far.
I've missed home so badly and my family and friends so badly over the past 9 months so I've been so thankful to be back home.
But I don't think I have truly grieved leaving my babies quite yet. But when the grieving does come, My Jesus will be waiting with me.
And He is the best shoulder to cry on and He is the provider of unspeakable peace.

But I wanted to share just a few photo's we took our 2 to last day in Xi'an. I have more to share and more pictures but I don't have the words quite yet. But I wanted to let all my readers know I'm still alive and thank you again SOOOOOO much for your prayers.
I still find myself in awe of how blessed I am.





2 comments:

  1. Hi Chrissy,
    Somehow I found your blog and I love it. I wanted to tell you that we are moving to China at the end of May 2010 to help Amanda in her efforts. We are in the process of adopting a little girl from China who need a heart surgery. We should travel for her in Feb. After her surgery and at the end of the school year we will leave. I am a special education teacher and my husband is a nurse. Your blog is so helpful to us as we learn about Xi'an and the sweet babies at Starfish. You can follow our blog at www.bringinghomelei.blogspot.com or email me at butlers1001@hotmail.com
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for blessing me with your blog, it was one of the highlights of my week to get to read it! I cannot believe that we live in the same town and it took a blog to find out about you!

    ReplyDelete